Thank you for your purchase! A receipt for your transaction has been emailed to you. I look forward to reading your material and to working with you.
Please send your material in PDF format within 7 days of purchase to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get back to you about your booking and timeline. Be sure to write your NAME and CONSULT in the subject line.
Please Note: By submitting your material you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
Click to read the Terms & Conditions further...
I am submitting to you the enclosed or attached material (the Material), an original screenplay, treatment, or other work, and I am requesting that you read and evaluate the Material.
- I understand that you will not read or review my work unless I agree to the terms of this agreement and pay you fully in advance.
- No Fiduciary or Confidential Relationship Exists or Is Created. I acknowledge that no fiduciary or confidential relationship now exists between you and me, and no such relationships are established between you and me by reason of this Agreement or by reason of my submission to you of the Material. I understand that you are under no obligation other than to provide Literary Evaluation.
- I hereby grant you the right to read and evaluate the accompanying Material. I acknowledge that the Material was written by me (us). I also acknowledge that I (we) am (are) the sole owner(s) of this work and its copyright.
- I understand that you may have similar material and I am not entitled to compensation or credit in connection with any such similar material. I also understand that you are exposed to many stories, ideas, concepts and other literary materials through this service and via other means. I also understand that many stories, ideas, and concepts are similar or identical, and that different stories, ideas, and concepts frequently relate to one or more common underlying themes and may closely resemble other works.
- I understand and agree that I will not be entitled to any compensation or other consideration because of the use of such similar or identical material, stories, ideas, dialogue, characterizations, themes, plots and/or concepts that may have come to or have been created by you. I hereby release you from any and all claims, liabilities and demands that may be made by me asserting that you have used or appropriated the Material, or any portion thereof.
- I acknowledge that you recommend that I copyright my Material with the United States Copyright Office and/or register it with the Writer’s Guild of America. I also acknowledge that it is my responsibility to copyright or register the Material prior to submitting it to you and hereby release you from any claims that arise from my failure to do so.
- I Will Pay For Any Costs or Liabilities You Incur If I Am Alleged to Have Breached This Agreement. I agree to indemnify you from and against any and all claims, expenses, losses, or liabilities (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees and punitive damages) that may be asserted against you or incurred by you at any time in connection with the Material or any use thereof, including without limitation those arising from any breach or alleged breach of the warranties and promises given by me herein.
- Disputes Under This Agreement Will Be Arbitrated in Los Angeles. If there is any dispute arising out of this Agreement, the dispute between us shall be submitted to arbitration in Los Angeles, California before an arbitrator mutually selected by us who is experienced in the field of the entertainment industry; or, if we cannot mutually agree, then such arbitrator shall be selected in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitration shall be controlled by the terms of this Agreement. You and I will bear our own respective costs of arbitration and attorneys’ fees, provided that if the arbitrator rules in one party’s favor, we agree that the other party will be responsible for the winning party’s attorneys’ fees and arbitration costs. If either party shall fail to appear at the hearing on the date designated in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association, or shall fail to participate in the arbitration proceeding, the arbitrator is empowered to proceed in that party’ absence. You and I hereby waive any and all rights, remedies (whether for damages or for injunctive or other relief) and benefits which either of us might otherwise have or be entitled to under the laws of the State of California (or any other State or jurisdiction) to litigate in court any dispute, it being our mutual intention to arbitrate all disputes in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement.
- I understand that Literary Evaluation is a subjective process, allowing for reasonable disagreement as to the relative merits of the Material. A positive evaluation does not constitute a promise or representation that the Material will or might be sold or optioned, or generate enthusiasm by studios, producers, managers, agents, or other persons in a position to develop or exploit the material. Similarly, a negative evaluation does not necessarily mean that such persons will not purchase, option, or react positively to the Material. I also understand that your evaluation of the Material may not be complimentary or positive in its judgment.
- I understand that the evaluation fee is non-refundable.
- I understand that you may retain or destroy the Material, and I acknowledge that I possess additional copies of it.
- Miscellaneous Provisions of This Agreement:
(a) The invalidity of any provision hereof shall not affect the remaining provisions, and any invalid, unenforceable or void provision will be modified to the minimum extent necessary to become valid and enforceable.
(b)This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of California applicable to agreements executed and to be fully performed therein.
I HEREBY STATE THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT AND THAT NO ORAL REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND HAVE BEEN MADE TO ME AND THAT THIS AGREEMENT STATES OUR ENTIRE UNDERSTANDING.
I agree to the above terms.